A bus service between Holy Spirit Primary School, Kurri Kurri and Abermain operates each school day which stops at all the stops along the way. Children are to be courteous and behave responsibly while travelling on the bus.
We need your constant support to assist our endeavours to maintain consistent, acceptable and above all, safe travel. If at any time you have concerns about bus travel or behaviour, please contact the school and we will help in any way we can. Any unsafe behaviour on the bus or at bus stops results in the confiscation of bus passes (Opal Card) until the behaviour is corrected. Children are seated on the bus by the supervising teacher each afternoon.
Code of Conduct
To ensure their safety and the comfort of other passengers, students will:
- Behave safely at all times.
- Respect the needs and comfort of other passengers.
- Behave appropriately at all times (no offensive language, fighting, spitting, placing feet on seats or throwing things).
- Protect bus property and report vandalism.
- Show their OPAL travel passes to the driver on boarding or when requested.
- Only use the travel pass for its intended purpose.
- Maintain possession of the travel pass at all times.
- Follow the driver’s instructions about safety on the bus.
- Only eat or drink (other than water) on the bus with the written permission of the bus operator.
- Keep arms, legs and other parts of their bodies inside the bus.
- Only attract the attention of the driver in the case of an emergency.
All children at our school and children who live outside the 1.6 km radial distance or 2.3 km or more by the most direct practicable walking route are eligible for free transport. Parents who have to transport their children more than 1.6 km to the nearest bus stop are also eligible to claim a conveyance subsidy. Please contact the office to collect the form to apply for this subsidy.